Animal Cruelty / Stomping
8. Stomping
Once done with the walk cycle and the basics of picking up an item, we moved on to ‘stomping’. For me, stomping was much easier to manage than the walk cycle, especially after all the ruffs’ that I had drawn; I could compare and roughly estimate how high the character’s knee should be lifted. The only issue with the character was the positioning of the motion arc and how far back the character should lean and compress so as to create a stomping effect, to include some impact when the foot stomps down without drawing any impact lines.
We were then told that we were required to create another short ‘storyline’ out of the stomping character. The plot I crafted for this animation I called ‘Animal Cruelty’ was simple – the character was waiting at the bus stop, and got bored. The bus came and passed, but it was not the one he was waiting for, and impatiently he started whistling and tapping his feet. Meanwhile, a nymph runs out from the right side of the scene, and the character shows signs of shock, before raising his foot to stomp on the nymph and in the process killing it.
/reflections of -theKNEES.